Thursday 2 January 2014

2013 Wrap Up and 2014 TBR

As 2013 draws to a close, it's time to think about what I'm wanting to do in 2014 as far as books go! I am super excited to see what the year brings.

In 2013, I read a total of 78 books, which is 6 books above my goal of 72. I'm super proud with what happened over the course of the year, and I am happy that I got the chance to read so many fantastic books. 

18 of these books were 5 stars (+ an extra book because I read one of them twice)
31 of these books were 4 stars
17 of these books were 3 stars
8 of these books were 2 stars
3 of these books were 1 star
and one of the books was unrated (see the review here)


Overall reading rating: 3.70

6 of these books were graphic novels.
1 of those books was a novella.
18 of these books were stand-alones.
8 of these books made it into my favourites shelf.

About 75% of these books were written by female authors. Wow, us woman are really taking over young adult fiction.

The longest book that I read was Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers at 576 pages.
The shortest book that I read was Free Four, the novella by Veronica Roth at 13 pages.
My total page count for the year was 25 094 pages.

I made a TBR of the books that I was planning on reading this year on my blog in November last year.


  • Divergent #3 by Veronica Roth
  • Unwind by Neal Shusterman
  • The Book Theif by Markus Zusak
  • Princess Acadamy by Shannon Hale
  • The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
  • Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys
  • Crossed by Allie Condie
  • Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
  • Ever by Gail Carson Levine
  • The Mother Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Fredrick
  • Gone by Micheal Grant
  • The Selection by Kiera Cass
  • The Unidentified by Rae Martiz
  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  • Pride a Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • Eon by Alison Goodman
  • Eona by Alison Goodman
  • Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
  • Legend by Marie Lou
  • Prodigy by Marie Lou
  • Mind Games by Kiersten White
  • The Knife of the Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
  • The Rules by Stacey Cade
  • Ashes of Twilight by Kassy Tayler
  • Fury by Elizabeth Miles


I read only 6 of the books I said I was going to, and a lot of the books that I had on there I'm not even interested in anymore.

Here is another thing that I wished to do: "I am also hoping to read more recent releases"

Who knows what "more" means, but I am proud to say that I read 17 books with the release date of 2013, and I am planning on doing the same next year.

Now here comes the fun part: The TBR for 2014. This year, it's going to be a less structured goal (as far as specific books go).

I want to read...
  • 12 Re-Reads
  • 12 Epic Recs
  • 6 Read-Alongs
  • 3 Books From The Chick Lit Book Club
Series Challenge: I'm not going to explain all of my choices, I'm just going to say which series I want to finish and what books I have left to read. I'm only choosing series which have all of the books available to me in the coming year. There are a total of 23 books that I will need to read if I want to complete this challenge.
  • Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu (Champion)
  • The Darkest Minds Trilogy by Alexandra Bracken (Never Fade, Untitled #3)
  • Under The Never Sky Trilogy by Veronica Rossi (Through the Ever Night, Into the Still Blue)
  • Truth or Dare Series by Jacqueline Green (Secrets and Lies)
  • Starcrossed Series by Josephine Angelini (Dreamless, Goddess)
  • Fairytale Retelling Series by Jackson Pearce (Sweetly, Fathomless, Cold Spell)
  • The Program Series by Suzanne Young (The Treatment)
  • Partials Sequence Series by Dan Wells (Fragments, Ruins)
  • Heist Society Series by Ally Carter (Uncommon Criminals, Perfect Scoundrels)
  • Hex Hall Trilogy by Rachel Hawkins (Demonglass, Spell Bound)
  • Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver (Pandemonium, Requiem)
  • Breathe Series by Sarah Crossan (Resist)
  • Dust Lands Trilogy by Moira Young (Rebel Heart, Raging Star)
And... Last but not least... I want to read a grand total of 84 books (or more) this year. Realistic, but still giving me that extra push.

Look foreword to more posts coming including Top 13 of 2013, My Favourite Covers of 2013, January TBR, and more!


What are your goals for this coming year? Leave a comment down below, and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment