Friday 27 December 2013

MR: December 26th Wrap-Up and December 27th TBR

The first night of the Midnight Readers was a huge success, even though I was the only one reading. It was a lot of fun, and I read quite a bit extra then I had read in the day.

I started reading at 10:44pm, and of course, read straight through to midnight. The book that I was reading was Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers, which is my Epic Rec for this month. During the day, I read up to page 14. And then starting at 10:44, I read up to page 122. I found that it was really easy to get through, which was awesome because I was actually really tired last night.

As far as the whole reading experience went... well, it was swell. Sometimes I got frustrated because I just wanted to sleep, but this whole book club thing pushed me to keep on reading. The rest wasn't really different, because I am often up late reading anyway.

The next date that The Midnight Readers will be reading is tonight! I'm really happy and excited because I know that I'm not going to be the only one. Everyone is welcome, no matter how late you join. Smiles.

Tonight, I am hoping to read a bit more than last night, meaning more than 108 pages. I will probably start a bit earlier tonight as well – 10:30 maybe?

I hope that you are having a fantastic week, and happy reading!

Original post: http://booknook24676.blogspot.ca/2013/12/midnight-readers-book-club.html?showComment=1388185901416
Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/121725-the-midnight-readers-book-club

4 comments:

  1. I love your new blog theme! One thing is that the text is really hard to read in the main section because the background you have is transparent.

    Midnight Readers is such a great idea! I hope to try it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Danika! I was wondering if someone would comment on that, because I tried the "white" background and it turned out to be a grey colour that I really didn't like but oh well... What needs to be done, needs to be done.

      I'm so glad that you decided to join! I hope you had fun last night :) Did you write a blog post on your blog? I'm interested to see what you think!

      Delete
    2. I didn't have a chance to try it last night, sadly. I am sharing a room right now because of company and when I went up to bed, the other was already in bed with the lights out, asleep, by eleven so it didn't work out. But hopefully tonight will work!

      And what you changed it to for your theme is much better. (:

      Delete
    3. Aw. That's too bad! I hope it works out next time!

      I'm actually liking how it turned out as well, but I still wish it could be plain white :/

      Delete