Friday 18 October 2013

Books With Theme: Dragons


I've been getting some requests to do a books with theme on dragons, so here I am today bringing that post forth.

This first book I'm sure you are all familiar with – Eragon by Chistopher Paolini. Although I haven't read this book, I have seen the movie. It is a great YA book filled with adventure, a boy and a dragon. Although there are many mixed reviews about this book, it may be worthwhile to go and check it out! Average rating on goodreads: 3.74

Do you like princess'? Do you like dragons? Then this book is for you! Dealing with Dragons by Patricia Wrede is about a tom-boyish princess who runs away with a dragon. I have heard that this book is filled with innocent childhood humour. An easy read, with a great average rating of 4.14 on goodreads.

Although it may look intimidating, A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin is a fantastic adult read about a Dragon King. By reading this you dive head first into a complex fantasy world. It's average rating (4.43) is also, fantastic, with 58% of goodreads readers giving the book 5/5 stars.

Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George is another middle-grade fantasy novels about, what else? Dragons. In this one, our main character, Creel, decides to sacrifice herself to a dragon. But the outcome to this tale is not what it would seem. I'm expecting the unexpected with this one! Average rating: 4.20

Rachal Hartman's 2012 debut, Seraphina, is all about a girl living in the kingdom of Goredd. In this kingdom, human's and dragon's have been mistrusting each other, and as the peace treaty's anniversay draws near, tensions are very high. This book, honestly, sounds amazing, and I have heard that it is extremely well written. Average rating: 4.06

Firelight by Sophie Gordan sounds really good! Jacinda is a draki, a descendant of dragons whose greatest defence is her secret ability to shift into human form. Jacinda must flee into the mortal world, where she meets Will who stirs her inner draki to life. This sounds really original, and I'm excited to check into this! Average rating: 3.94

The last book in this "books with theme" post is going to be Eon by Alison Goodman. Eon has been studying Dragon Magic for years, but he also has a secret. He's actually Eona, a sixteen-year-old girl who has been living in a dangerous lie for the chance to become a Dragon-eye, the human link to an energy dragon's power. It is forbidden for females to practice the Dragon Magic, and if Eon is discovered, he will face a terrible death... I've heard amazing things abut this one, and it has an average rating of 4.02.

So that's that! Comment below with more ideas for these posts... Perhaps even another dragon one? Happy reading!

Dragon photo: http://eofdreams.com/dragon.html
Synopsis': goodreads.com

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT! I just had to make this list to suffice my love, plus... you know, the requests of other people's love <3

      ~ Brianna @ For The Love of Books

      Delete
  2. What about Fire Star by Chris d'Lacey (I think that's how you spell his last name)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just put on a few, and that one just didn't make the list, I guess. But it sounds good! Thanks for pointing me to it :)

      ~ Brianna @ For The Love of Books

      Delete