Tuesday 25 June 2013

Altered Book Review

It's been a while since I've made a book review so I've decided that now's the time! I'm going to start writing my spring break book reviews... Better late then never, right?

Goodreads synopsis: When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them. 

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.

Altered was such a fantastic book! I was blown away by Jennifer's debut. The plot of this book is so crazy intense! I read this in the vehicle when I was travelling to a camping spot. I literally couldn't put it down. I almost missed dinner because of it! It's so creepy and mysterious with a whole bunch of plot twists I never saw coming. If you like fast-paced books, this one is for you!

The characters... Ah, the characters!!! Anna was such a strong character. I couldn't imagine how she must have felt after going through some tough times, but she was still strong and willing. I loved each of the altered boys as well. They were each special in their own way, and were very well developed. Cas was a great comic relief to the story when things became tense, and is super cute and funny. Nick was like that brother that really annoys you, but you love him anyways. Trev was also like a brother, but he was more of the wise one that always comforted you when you needed it. And Sam... the mysterious boy that you just fall for. He is brave and intelligent and will step in front of Anna in a moment to protect her.

There are simply no bad things about this novel, and I suggest that you go and pick this book right now and read it! Also, be on the lookout for a bit of an add-on review, as I'm reading this for the debut-a-thon this weekend. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment