Tuesday 23 April 2013

Top Ten Books I Liked More/Less Than Expected

If you do not know what Top Ten Tuesday is, please visit http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.ca/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html

Top Ten Books That I Liked More/Less Than Expected – Apr. 23rd
Green means that I liked it more, red means less.

The Breadwinner Trilogy by Deborah Ellis
I received this as a gift a few years ago and my reaction was sort of like, "Um... Yeah. Thanks." Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised. This book was amazing. A. M. A. Z. I. N. G. 

Almost Home by Nora Baskin
I got this book out from the library expecting it to be okay. And I got less than that. It was pretty short so I lived through it, but I defiantly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Angelfall by Susan Ee
This wasn't a huge disappointment, although it still wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Considering all the rave reviews,  I was expecting a 5 star rating from me. The beginning though, wasn't my favourite, which brought it down to 4 stars. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't amazing either.

The Archived by Victoria Schwab
Sort of the same issue that I had with Angelfall. Forgive me for not wanting to repeat myself.

Bookweird by Paul Glennon
I hate putting all these books down, but honestly Bookweird? How could I not mention you. I was super excited for this book when I was younger, but of course, that's not what I got.

Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo
I loved this book. Absolutely awesome. I was expecting it to be a bit boring being non-fiction, but I actually throughly enjoyed it and I think that you should all go and check it out.

The Face of the Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney
I was very pleasantly surprised by this one. And to be honest, I was a bit thrown off by the cover. Thankfully, I still decided to pick it up, because I absolutely loved it.

The Giver by Louis Lowry
I was required to read this book for school a couple years ago and it got me super mad. Reading is supposed to be for fun! Thankfully though, it was so good. Way better than expected. Woot woot!

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
I almost forgot about Mockingjay. Tisk tisk. I really didn't like this book. Sorry everyone. This book was just... ugh. If you would like to see a full review, comment below.

Flush by Carl Hiaasen
To end on a good note we have Flush, which again, I thought would only be okay but ended up being better.

Have you done a Top Ten Tuesday? Leave a comment below with your link and I'll be sure to check your list out! Happy reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment